CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

September 28, 2010

It's A Boy!!

Congrats to my wonderful sister Marta! She is having a baby boy, little Dexter, and we are soooo excited!  Now my little one will have a cousin closer by to play with.  Anyways, this cake was made for her shower to celebrate her bundle of joy.  I wanted to replicate the invitation so I really tried to make everything as similar as possible including the glitter placement.  My poor palm tree didn't survive the mission however so it ended up being a table decoration :( It would have made the cake look so much better especially since the monkey doesn't really have anything to hold onto....awkward.  I absolutely love my giraffe and am pretty proud of myself for being able to pull that off.  I free handed all of the gum paste characters and had a blast doing it.  I really enjoy the more artistic side of decorating and seeing what I can do.  It's a great feeling once everything is put together and the puzzle is complete.
The Invitation

0 comments: