CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 19, 2011

My Dog Ate My Cake... :(

I am so furious right now all I can do is blog! I spent pretty much my entire day baking what happened to be maybe my best cake EVER! I decided to try a banana cake and got this most wonderful recipe from cooklikeyourgrandmother.com. You have to check their site out and try the banana cake. I will post the recipe as well.

Anyways, I got the cake all wonderfully crumb coated, just waiting for the fondant layer. Went to help my hubby with something and went back to check on the cake only to find it GONE! Totally and completely GONE! Oh my heck I am still mad. It almost felt like having the Thanksgiving turkey destroyed. I worked so hard on the dang thing and was so excited that this cake might actually be my best one. It was perfectly level, moist, but sturdy at the same time. I made two tiers and filled each with a new cream cheese frosting recipe I found. Why oh why couldn't Bear, our very large brown lab, have picked one of my disaster cakes to devour? I secretly hope he gets just sick enough to learn his lesson. Maybe 16 oz of cream cheese will teach him not to mess with my goodies!

Moral of the story.....Do NOT leave your precious baked goods within reach of any animal, child or husband. Who knows exactly what havoc they can wreck. Ok, I feel a little better now. I am still dying to have some so I will just have to try again soon :) Thanks for reading my rant!

0 comments: