CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 23, 2011

Wild Thang

Round two for the banana cake. This time I watched it like a hawk. It turned out almost as good as the first but just not as level as the other one. I'm not sure if it's my perfectionist nature or if the bottom tier really is lopsided. Sometimes I think I stare too much at the cake that after awhile I just can't tell anymore.

The cake was delicious and well worth the second attempt. See the recipe page for the cake and cream cheese frosting recipes.

Not sure where I came up with the snake skin idea to go with a cute little purple bow but I think it works. For a trip down memory lane I decided to include my first cake.....remember poor lavender lumps? Can you believe how much of a difference there is. I am really glad that I can show such an improvement. Next time I will work on making a cute cake board.  They make such a difference in the overall look. The cake plate just doesn't go.

0 comments: