CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

August 9, 2010

The M Challenge

What do you do when you have exactly 3 hours to make something for a potluck for the next day? Easy, make a cake.  While the M cake may not win any contest, I'm pretty sure I scored points in the "worked well under pressure" category along with "being able to use whatever was in the pantry".  Time was the hardest factor not to have on my side.  Not only was I tired and ready for bed, I had to try to speed up the cooling down process as well as the chill time after crumb coating the cake.  I usually let the cake cool for about a half an hour and then at least an hour in the fridge after. I bumped up that time by letting the cake cool after stacking it, but I didn't do a crumb coat.  A combed icing job finished the cake which I feel made the cake look sloppy but there wasn't a lot I could do about it.  It was a nice feeling going to bed with the cake complete and not toppling over. There was some leftover cake that was brought home.  I was completely shocked when my husband had a piece and pulled out a little butter wrapper.  I was sooooo embarrassed and now can only imagine how many other people took a bite into little bits of wrappers.  I guess there is a price to pay for rushing. 

0 comments: