CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

August 25, 2010

Yo Gabba WhAt???

When I was asked to make a cake based on a Yo Gabba Gabba theme I was originally thinking warrior position. Then I found out it was a kids TV show and not anything having to do with yoga :) This was such a fun cake to make.  The characters were funky yet simple enough for a novice like me to recreate.  I'm still a bit sad I wasn't able to put more detail on the base.  I originally had planned for a lot more but ran out of time and fondant.  It might have been for the best though since the characters were a bit larger than I had intended them to be and were definitely a little overpowering. I made the cake a simple vanilla with vanilla buttercream filling and layered with strawberries. The main difficulties I ran into was keeping the characters standing up as well as having too many air bubbles in the fondant.  Just a few more things to add to my long list of what to work on.  Maybe sometime soon I can start crossing a few off....

0 comments: